Who is this article for?
Administrators working in the aviation industry.
Administration module access.
Coruson’s Report Data Export service allows you to export your report data and to have this automatically emailed to an individual or even a regulatory body.
This works by having the report data specially formatted with the chosen taxonomy and then saved as an XML file. If configured correctly, the file will then be emailed to the regulatory body’s submission address.
Coruson update 0.53.22 includes the ECCAIRS 188.8.131.52 schema. This article outlines how to update your existing export service to use schema version 184.108.40.206 instead of the older 220.127.116.11 version. While the steps are similar for configuring a new export service this article focuses on updating an existing service rather than creating a new one.
To make this process easier to follow, this article is split into sections so that you can either walk through the steps in sequence or you can jump to the section relevant to what you are doing in Coruson:
Reminder: Although this schema update will allow you to map fields to any new regulator fields it does not update the content of your field lists. Updating these lists is the responsibility of your Coruson administrator.
1. Review Existing Services
The first step is to review your existing export services so that you're familiar with what needs revised.
How to do it:
- Go to Administration, Reporting, Data Export and then finally Report Data Export.
- Confirm you are on the Active service list using the status menu.
- Review this list. The schema version (if applicable) will be listed in the schema column.
Any export services that show ECCAIRS v18.104.22.168 will need to be revised.
No Schema Shown? Don’t panic! Exports that do not have a schema have been configured to export the raw data from Coruson without applying a schema. You don’t need to make any changes to these exports.
2. Revise Your Service
Now that you know what exports need changed you’re ready to begin revising them.
How to do it:
- Click on the name of your service to open the service information.
- Click the menu at the top right hand corner and select Revise.
- Click edit next to schema and select ECCAIRS v22.214.171.124 from the selection list.
- Click [Save].
You have now successfully changed the schema used by the export. However, as this schema includes new list items and fields it is important to review your existing field mappings to ensure you fully aligned.
3. Verify Field Mappings
After changing the schema you will notice the prompt to verify your field mapping.
This is because the ECCAIRS 126.96.36.199 schema includes additional fields and additional field items. You will need to map any new ECCAIRS fields to the fields on your occurrence forms so that they will be included in the export.
How to do it:
- Go to the Mappings section.
- Locate any new regulator fields you are required to report. You can search for the field by name or by using the RIT code.
- Click on the regulator field.
- From the Mapped Report Fields section, select the type of field. This is usually a Field Bank Field.
- Next, select the field from your form and then chose whether you want to submit the value of the field (i.e. the content entered into the field by the user submitting the report) or the associated code.
- Click Add.
You can then repeat this process for additional form fields that also map to this regulator field. When you are satisfied that this regulator field has been mapped to your form fields you can then search for the next field you want to verify.
4. Activate the Service
When all fields have been verified you are ready to activate the service.
How to do it:
- Go to the Export tab and review the recipients listed.
- Additional recipients can be added using a semi-colon.
- Click the menu and then select activate.
- When prompted, confirm you want the current active revision of the export service to be made inactive by clicking the [Activate] button.
Need to rollback? If you experience any issues with the service you can always rollback to the previous revision. To do this, simply go to the inactive export service list and then activate the old revision.