This article will be a breakdown of the field bank for use when creating a form and will contain the following contents:
- Where to find the field bank
- Types of fields
- Editing & creating fields
Where to Find the Field Bank
The field bank can only be found in a draft version of a form. To access these forms navigate to administation>reporting>forms & then set the status to draft:
Once you have found the form you wish to edit, click the form and the field bank can be found on the "Form" tab:
Types of Fields
- Short Answers. This is a text field in which the creator can set a minimum & maximum number of characters
- Long Answers. This a free text field which does not limit the amount of text that can be entered
- Numerical. This type of field is similar to short answers however is limited to only numerical digits. You can limit the minimum & maximum value that is entered here as well. It is represented by the symbol
- Dates/Times. This is a field that allows the entry of either a date or time of date. It can also prevent future dates being entered.
- Checklist boxes. This will allow you to create a field using an existing checklist on your tenant.
- Dropdown lists. Similar to checklists but the field will only allow you to select one option for a list
- Radio Groups. Similar to checklist buttons but cannot be unselected.
- Location. This will allow you to enter the location of an event in the form of an address or GPS coordinates
All these fields are represented by symbols to easily identify the type of field. You can find the list as below as well as how they look in a report below:
Editing & Creating Fields
Now that you are in the field bank, you can create a field or edit an existing one.
To create a new field, click on the blue plus button . What appears next will depend on what type of field you chose, i.e if a short answers field is selected you will be given options for minimum or maximum on characters. Common features across fields are:
- Matching. Enabling this allows separate reports to "match" each by what is entered into the field. This can be done in the evaluation tab of a report
- Tags. This allows you to find fields in the field bank easier by adding tags to them you can search for.
- Masking. For an in-depth breakdown of masking, see How To Configure Field Masking
To edit an existing field, simply click on the drop-down arrow at the end of the field as below:
- View Field Activity. This will generate a list of forms that field is used on including their name, location of the form, status & revision number.
- Archive. This will archive a field so it is no longer available to be chosen from the list of fields. You can find archived fields and restore them at the top of the field bank
- Delete. This will permanently delete from your tenant and the field will not be recoverable.