What are Submission Rules?
Submission Rules can be configured on your Coruson Tenant to allow you to configure certain actions to occur on a report after the initial form has been submitted.
Examples of actions would be:
- Automatically apply 1 or more classifications.
- Perform an automatic Risk Assessment
- Automatically close the report record.
Submission Rules can be used to consistently and effectively manage high occurring but low severity events within your business, whilst still having oversight via analysis.
Please note, Submission Rules must be configured for your Coruson Tenant. If this has not been enabled please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
How To Configure Submission Rules?
Configuring the IF value of the rule:
- Navigate to [Administration] > [Reporting] > [Rules] > [Submission Rules]
- Press the [+] button at the top right to add a new Rule. Add a Description for your Rule.
- Add a Condition Block by pressing the "Add Condition Block [+]" button.
- In the first field select your section template that contains the field you require.
- In the second field, select the field you require to match the value against.
- In the third field, select if the value should equal or not be equal to.
- Finally enter the value you wish to be entered to set your report and press the blue "Add" button to apply this to the rule.
- You can add as many or as little values as required.
Please Note: The field that you want to have as your matching criteria MUST be inside a Section Template that has not been unlocked on your form.
Configuring the THEN value of the rule:
- Once you have your IF Condition set up, select one of the three actions possible with the submission rules; Set Report Status (Auto-Closure), Apply Classification or Apply Risk Assessment
- If you wish to have Auto-Closure, choose "Set Report Status" and select "Closed" from the drop down. You cannot set this value to anything else for this option. Press Add to apply this to the rule
- If you wish to apply a Classification automatically, select "Apply Classification" . Select your classification type from the next drop down and then select the classification after the "To". Press Add to apply this to the rule.
- If you wish to apply a Risk Assessment automatically, select "Apply Risk Assessment". Then select your Matrix Type. This will then let you perform a quick risk assessment. Press Add to add this assessment to the rule.
- You can use as many of these as you require for the report status.
Testing the Rules
To test the rules:
- Navigate to "Reporting" and raise a report that contains the section with the values you have set the rules against.
- While raising the report, set your values to the ones that match the IF statement. For this example we use IF "What size was the bird?" = "Small" Then apply the above rules.
- Submit the report and you should notice your rules have been applied. For this example, the report is "Closed" and the Classifications and Risk Assessments have been added.