This article includes information on:
- Accessing the Document Management section
- Creating a New Document
- Setting the primary Attachment
- Linking to External Documents
- Understanding Document Relationships
To access the Document Management section:
- Click the menu icon at the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Click "Documents"
To create a new document:
- Click on the icon of a white cross within a blue suqare, located on the top right-hand side of the section
- Select "New Draft Document" or "New Active Document"
- In the "New Draft Document" section, enter the relevant information for the document record
The following information can be entered:
- Type: The document type that the document record should be raised against
- Title: The title of the document record
- Document Number: The number of the document. This will automatically populate to include the document type selected
- Revision Number: The revision number of the document. This will automatically set to 1 but can be edited
- Owner: The owner of the document attachment, who is responsible for keeping the document accurate and up-to-date
- Author: The original author of the document attachment
- Activate By: The date that the document should be made active by. Populating this will allow notification emails to be sent out to relevant users when the deadline approaches
- Change Details: Information regarding any changes made to the document record in this revision
- Attachment Type: The type of storage method for the document attachment. Users can either select to add an attachment from a location on their network or can link an attachment via a URL address. Please note that the primary attachment can be added to the document record from this screen; additional attachments can be added by navigating to the "Attachments" section of the document record once it is created.
Setting the Primary Attachment
Attachments can be opened by clicking on the title name on the Document list view. It is possible to have multiple attachments on a particular document record, so Coruson allows users to determine which attachment is the primary attachment. Primary attachments are the initial attachments opened when accessing the document record.
To set a primary attachment:
- Open a document record that has more than one attachment on it
- Navigate to the "Attachments" section
- Click the down-arrow on the right-hand side of the attachment you wish to set as the primary attachment
- From the menu that appears, select "Make Primary"
The primary attachment will be marked with a star (*).
Linking to External Documents
As well as attaching documents that are located on your network, users can include links to documents that are available via an external location.
To link an external document to your document record:
- Open a document record and navigate to the "Attachments" section
- Select [Add a web link]
- Enter the relevant URL and a description of the web link. Please note that the URL is mandatory and must be included.
- Click [Add] to enter the URL address as an attachment.
Understanding Document Relationships
It can be useful to associate similar documents together; for example, an accident form and a safety manual. Coruson allows users to perform this both for related documents and for related clauses within areas of standards.
To create a relationship between documents or areas of standards:
- Open a document record and navigate to the "Relationships" section
- Select the icon of a white cross within a blue square, located on the right-hand side of the section, within either the "Related Documents" or "Related Standards" sections. A search window will appear regardless of choice.
- Enter the relevant search criteria, and click the tick icon to confirm the selection.
The selected option will appear within the relevant section on the "Relationships" section.