This article includes:
- Accessing the Document Types section
- Creating a new Document Type value
- Editing a Document Type value
- Archiving and Reinstating a Document Type value
To access the Document Types section:
- Click the menu icon at the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Click "Administration"
- Click "Documents Admin"
- Click "Document Types"
- Highlight the required Document Type value that you would like to create a child value for, within the "Quick Search" pane.
- Click on the down-arrow icon to the right of the Document Type value and select "Add Child Item"
- Within the "Add Type" section, enter the relevant information for the document type and click [Add] when finished
The following information can be entered:
- Type: The name of the document type value
- Description: A description of the document type value to allow additional information to be entered
- Prefix: The prefix of the document type value, this will appear before each unique document number, i.e. "DOC", etc.
- Padding: The number of digits you want each document number of this type to use. For example, if you enter the prefix PROC and a padding of 4, the first number in the sequence would be PROC0001
- Workflow: A list of people and actions that need to be performed against the document prior to its activation
- Document Review Period: The period of time that should elapse before documents of this type are reviewed again
- Click on one of the existing document type values. The "Details" pane will populate to show the information originally entered when the document type value was created.
- Within the "Details" pane, hover your cursor over each of the details and select the pencil icon that appears to edit the information.
Note: The "Workflow for this Document Type" and the "Document Review Period" details are selected via a drop-down menu instead of manually editing the value.
Archiving and Reinstating a Document Type Value
To remove document type values:
- Click on one of the existing document type values.
- Click on the arrow and select [Archive] from the drop-down menu
- Select [Yes] on the "Are You Sure?" section to archive the managed list value. Please note that any child values associated to that managed list value will also be archived
To reinstate archived document type values:
- Set the register to "Active and Archived"
- Select the archived managed list value (this value will be greyed out)
- Click on the arrow and select [Reinstate] from the drop-down menu