To access the Document Management section:
- Click the menu icon at the top left-hand corner of the screen
- Click "Documents"
- Click on the "Number" value to open the relevant document record
- Navigate to the "Details" tab and select "Support Workflow"
- Locate the "Approval" section of the document, then click on the drop-down arrow to the right of the user name. If no users exist, add approvers by entering the name of the required user into the field labeled "Search users and groups", then click on the icon of a white cross within a blue square - located on the right-hand side of the section - within the relevant stage to add that additional user. Repeat this process for each required user. To remove any assigned owners, click the down-arrow to the right of the user's name and select "Remove Copyholder"
- Respond by either approving or rejecting the document, a comments section will appear to confirm your reasons for your choice
Note: It is possible for users to respond on behalf of other approvers.
As well as the approval stage, it is possible to add additional stages to the document record. Stages - and their corresponding tasks - can be assigned to individual users to complete. To complete a stage, all tasks must first be completed.
To complete a stage:
- Navigate to the "Tasks" section within the required stage
- Click on the down-arrow to the right of the task
- Click "Complete" to complete the task; a notification section will allow you to enter any responses required
- Once all tasks have been completed, navigate to the top right-hand corner of the stage
- Click "Close Stage" and populate the notification section with any relevant responses