This article will provide information on the following:
- Document Types that are displayed in the Viewer
- PDF files and Document Viewer
- Manipulating the Document Viewer
- Switching Between Attachments
- Searching in the Document Viewer
- Full-screen viewing
- Creating In-line comments
Document Types that are displayed in the Viewer
The Document Viewer is designed to show Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF files via the Document Viewer window; however, other file types will also show.
Any other document types would need to be downloaded.
Below is a list of the most common file types and their compatibility with the Document Viewer. Note: This list is not exhaustive:
PDF files and the Document Viewer
Coruson includes functionality that will allow PDF files to be opened using a standard PDF reader, for example Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. As a consequence it is not necessary for you to have a PDF reader installed on your PC in order to view PDF attachments via the Document Reader.
Note: If you download the PDF file, you will need to have a suitable PDF Reader installed in order to view it in it's offline location.
How to search in the viewer
How to view full screen
Breackdown menu on the right
Activation removes comments
Manipulating the Document Viewer
There are a number of options available once the Document Viewer has been accessed. From left to right, these are:
- Thumbnail: Navigate to specific pages using thumbnail images
- Search: Search for specific terms within the document attachment
- Previous Page: Navigate to the previous page of the attachment
- Next Page: Navigate to the next page of the attachment
- Zoom: Select to increase or decrease the distance to the attachment
- Download: Download the attachment to a specified network location
- Presentation Mode: Expand the document to appear larger, clicking twice will cause the attachment to encompass the whole screen
- Additional Options: Gives additional options to navigate to the first or last page, change the rotation of the document and activate the hand tool
Multiple document attachments can be added to a document record, and these can be viewed via the Document Viewer. It is possible to navigate between the attachments from the [Viewer] window.
To navigate between the attachments:
- Select [Viewer] from within the document record window
- Navigate to the drop down menu that is next to the name of the attachment
- Click on the drop down menu and select the required attachment
Note: If the attachment is of a file type that cannot be viewed within Coruson, a notification will appear advising that the attachment should be downloaded:
- Select the magnifying glass icon
- Enter the word or phrase that you wish to search for
- Check the box labeled "Highlight All" if you wish to see all of your results highlighted throughout the attachment
- Check the box labeled "Match case" if you wish for the search to look for a specific reference (including specific capital letters)
- Click on the [Presentation Mode] button
- The document will open in a new window and will be significantly larger. Click again to enter full screen mode
- Click the [Exit full screen] button when finished to exit full-screen mode; alternatively, press [Esc] on your keyboard
Creating In-line Comments
The Document Viewer allows comments to be entered; this can be used by the approvers, for example, to mark issues with the document attachment that can then be seen by the document author.
Note: Any comments added to the case will be automatically removed once the document is activated.
To add comments:
- Move your cursor onto the document; a blue speech bubble with a white plus icon will appear and follow your mouse up and down the document
- Click on the blue speech bubble to generate a comment box
- Add a comment and select [Save] to save the comment
- Your profile picture will appear within the right-hand margin of the attachment
- If you wish to know when the comment was added, hover your mouse over the profile picture; it will also show you the comment details added