Security Management is split into to two different sections, Password management and session management.
Within Password management you have the following options:
- Enable Strong Passwords, This means that password must contain at least 6 characters, Passwords cannot contain the users username or display name and the password must contain a mixture of at least three of the following, Lowercase, Uppercase, Numeric, special (e.g (@,~,!)) or Unicode characters.
- Enable password expiry, this will set the password to expire after a set number of days, you can set the number of days by hovering over the text, click the icon on the right, enter the number of days you would like to set and click save.
- When passwords change they..., this gives you the option to decide if you need to create a new password when a user changes theirs. The options available are: May be the same as ANY previous password, May not be the same as the current password or may not be the same as ANY previous password.
Within Session management you have the following options:
- Enable Session Expiry, this setting will log the user out of Coruson if they have been inactive for a set amount of time. To change the time hover over the text below the option, click on the icon, enter the value (The value is in minutes) and click save.
- Enable Intruder Lockout, this setting will lock a user's account after a set amount of failed login attempts,
- When an account is locked, this setting allows you to change how long a user gets locked out for (e.g 10 minutes).