Who is this article for?
Users who are filling in a form.
A form must have been distributed to you.
Pictures are worth a thousand words and when you submit a report into Coruson you can include photographic evidence in the form of an attachment, or you may be asked to click on a diagram on your form. This article will teach you how to use the annotation features on a report record. It won’t explain anything to do with setting up images on the form design or working on tasks and/or actions required by the report (please see the Reporting Guide for that) and instead focuses on the basics of using images on reports as you submit them.
To make this easier to learn, this article is split into 5 sections so that you can either walk through the steps in sequence or you can jump to the section relevant to what you are doing in Coruson:
Submitting your first report? Learn how to submit a report to learn the basics.
1. Create the Report
- Scroll down to the Reporting Forms
- Click on the tile to open your report.
- Open navigation menu and go to the Reporting module.
- Click on the Add icon and then select the type of report you would like to submit.
2. Annotate the Image
Now that you have opened the report you are ready to fill in the fields. Each form will have a different set of fields depending on what it is used for. However, every form will have some key details and mandatory fields which must always be completed. These are denoted by the icon.
How to do it:
- Click on the [Annotate] button to open the annotation screen.
- Choose a colour using the colour selector.
- Using the mouse, draw your annotation (e.g. drawing a circle or an arrow). The form you are completing should provide guidance on the preferred approach.
- When you are happy with the annotation click [Save].
- The annotation will then be shown on your form. Review the annotation to make sure you’re happy with it.
Made a mistake? No problem! You can click the [Annotate] button to go back into edit mode, then you can use the Eraser to remove your annotation.
3. Adding Attachments
Whether you’re reporting a near miss or an actual incident, attachments are a great way to include evidence to backup your report.
How to do it:
- Use the navigation pane to go to the Attachments section.
- Click on the upload button .
- Browse for the file you would like to attach.
- Click [Open].
Selected the wrong file? Don’t panic! Hover over the thumbnail preview and then click the delete button to remove it from the report.
Using a mobile device? You can take photos on the fly and annotate them as you attach them to the report.
4. Submit the Report
Once you’re finished filling in the report it is good practice to review what you’ve written before submitting it. When you are happy with the information you have filled in press the [Submit] button, then relax. Your job is done.
What happens next?
- You will see the filled in report (assuming you have been given access to do so).
- You will receive an email to confirm the report submission.
- If you filled in any fields that have been marked as confidential then the information will be automatically obfuscated. Only users with the appropriate access will see it.
- A workflow will be created behind the scenes and tasks and actions will be assigned to other Coruson users.
- Relevant personnel (e.g. task and action owners) will all receive an email notifying them of the report submission.