Who is this article for?
Users who own a report and are responsible for closing the record.
The Close Report permission is required.
The last step in the reporting process is to close the report. This involves a review of the information that has been submitted into the report and then formally marking the record as closed.
This article will guide you through the report closure process. It won’t explain the record evaluation in detail (please see How to Classify a Record for further information on how to do this). This article is split into 4 sections. You can either walk through the steps in sequence or you can jump to the section relevant to what you are doing in Coruson.
1. Review Workflow Content
Although the workflow has been completed and you are ready to close the record it is recommended to review the workflow to ensure all actions have been completed correctly.
How to do it:
- Go to the Workflow tab.
- Confirm each workflow stage and task has been completed and the responses meet the requirements
Tip! If your workflow has been configured to best practice then the Guidance field will provide further information on what the stage should have achieved.
2. Evaluate the Report
When a workflow is completed the next step is to evaluate the record. This involves classifying the record, writing a report summary and performing a risk assessment.
Important Note: Classifications and risk assessments are not mandatory but they are good practice. If your business does not perform an evaluation of the report then you can skip this section.
How to do it:
- Go to the Evaluation tab.
- Browse to the Classifications section.
- Confirm the relevant classifications have been added. If you need help applying classifications please visit How to Classify and Categorise a Report for more information.
- Browse to the Risk Assessments section.
- Confirm the relevant risk assessments have been added. If you need help applying classifications please visit How to Risk Assess a Report for more information.
- Browse to the Interested Parties section.
- Confirm the people added to the Interested Parties section are the correct people as these users will be notified when the record is closed.
- Browse to the Report Summary section.
- The summary should include a brief outline of the report, the action performed and any conclusions.
Reminder: Evaluating a report is not essential but is best practice as the evaluation entries can be used in business intelligence.
3. Close the Report
Once the evaluation has been completed you’re read to close the report. Closing a report will notify all of the relevant personnel that the report has been closed, and the date and time of the closure will be logged in the History tab.
How to do it:
- Click the action menu.
- Click Close.
Closed the record by mistake? Don’t panic! You can always re-open the record using the record action menu.