Who is this article for?
Administrators building forms.
Report admin permissions are required.
Interested Parties are additional users or groups of users in the system who will be notified when activities linked to a report start, are updated or complete.
For Example: Interested Parties will be notified when a workflow has been started or has been completed.
This article outlines:
1. Interested Parties Security Access
Only active users can be added as interested parties. Archived users cannot be added.
Any interested party must also have access to read the report. Read permissions can either be assigned directly to the user or they can be assigned through a group.
To assign group permissions to interested parties:
- Go to Administration, People & Security, and then finally Groups.
- Locate your Interested Party group.
Note: If this group does not exist then you can create the group.
- Click on the Security tab, and then Reporting.
- Assign the permissions that you need the user to have.
- Go to the Members tab.
- Assign any users that are typically added as interested parties on a report.
2. How to Configure Interested Parties
To assign a new interested party to a form:
- Go to Administration, then Reporting Admin, then finally Forms.
- Open the form you need to edit.
Reminder: Unlike other changes to forms you can update the interested parties without revising the form.
- Open the Configuration tab.
- Click on the route action button and select Edit.
- Update the Interested Parties.