Who is this article for?
Administrators building forms.
Report admin permissions are required.
A Standard Event is a type of report or incident that occurs frequently and is typically considered a low risk event. These are often repetitive events and usually result in no action being performed. The purpose of reporting these events is for monitoring or analytic purposes.
Example: A minor injury report may result in no serious impact, however you may choose to monitor these sorts of events through your own business intelligence analytics. You could set a threshold of x number of minor injuries in a given period, investigating when you breach that threshold.
When a standard event is completed in Coruson, the report record is closed and classified accordingly. Any pre-set risk assessments can also be applied.
This article outlines the steps required to create a standard event template and also how to close a record as a standard event. This article is split into the following sections:
1. How to Create a Standard Event Template
- Go to Administration, then Reporting Admin, then finally Forms.
- Open the form you need to edit.
Note: Unlike other changes to forms you can update the interested parties without revising the form.
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Locate the Standard Events Template section.
- Click the add button.
- Enter a name for the Standard Event.
- Click Add.
- Assign the risk assessments required for the Standard Event.
Note: You will need to perform a quick assessment when adding the risk assessment matrix to the event template.
- Assign the classifications required for the Standard Event.
Unable to add classifications? You can only add classifications to the standard event if they have been added to your form. Browse to the Classifications section in the Configuration tab and add your classifications, then return to the Standard Events to add them.
2. Close a Report as a Standard Event
Important: There is no confirmation dialogue when selecting a standard event. As soon as you click the event it will be applied to the report. This cannot be undone.
To close a report as a standard event:
- Open the Report record.
- Click on the record action button.
- Select Apply Standard Event.
- Select the event you want to apply.