Who is this article for?
Auditors responsible for managing checklists.
Audit admin permissions are required.
An audit checklist is a convenient way to list all the checks that need to be performed during an audit to validate compliance. These usually come in the form of a collection of questions
This article outlines the steps required to create a checklist template that can be used in many audits. This article does not provide steps on how to assign the checklist to an audit. Please visit How to Add a Checklist to an Audit for more details on creating the checklist.
This article is split into the following sections:
- How to Create a Checklist Template
- How to Add Questions to the Checklist
- How to Assign Responses to a Checklist
- Further Reading
1. How to Create a Checklist Template
- Go to Administration, then Audits Administration, and finally Checklist Templates.
- Click on the Add icon.
- Click Create Checklist Template.
- Enter the required information:
- Title: A unique title that makes sense to auditors who will be using the checklist.
- Description: A description to outline the purpose of the checklist.
- Allow auditor actions: Enables additional actions for the auditor to complete.
Important: Once you have created the Check List you cannot change whether the Allow Audit Actions is enabled or disabled. It will remain the chosen option at the point of creation.
2. How to Add Questions to the Checklist
- Open the Checklist.
- Click on the action menu and add either a section or a question.
- Section: A group that contains questions, or additional sections.
- Questions: A question, check or test to be performed.
- Update the question with:
- Guidance: Some information to guide the auditor.
- Area of Standard: Links to the clauses in the area of standard covered by this question.
- Auditor Actions: Specific actions that the auditor must perform.
- Repeat the process for all sections and questions needed.
3. How to Assign Responses to a Checklist
Audit checklist questions usually include a response. Normally these are confirmation of compliant or not compliant but can expand to include other statuses as well.
These responses are assigned to the audit type rather than the checklist itself.
To assign responses:
- Go to Administration, then Audits Administration, and finally Audit Type.
- Click on the audit type of the audit.
- Update the default responses on the right-hand pane.