Who is this article for?
Administrators building forms.
Report admin permissions are required.
Section templates are shared collections of fields. The template is created while editing a form and it can be added to many forms.
When the section is added to a form is becomes locked, meaning you cannot edit the section on the form itself and instead you need to edit the template. The template can be unlocked for editing on the form but this will also break the link between the section on the form and the template itself.
Section templates are useful if:
- You want to re-use the section on many forms.
- You want to use the section to create a repeating section.
- You want to use the section with report rules.
- You want to ensure all forms are updated with the same section changes.
This article outlines the basics of creating section templates.
1. How to Create a Section Template
- Go to Administration, then Reporting Admin, then finally Forms.
- Open the form you need to edit.
Reminder: You can only edit a draft form. If your form is active then you will need to revise it.
- Open the Section Bank.
- Click Add New Section Template.
- Open the Formatting panel.
- Add the formatting rows and colours you need.
- Open the Field Bank.
- Add the fields you required.
- Select a summary field.