Who is this article for?
Coruson administrators or data scientists.
Understanding of Coruson config is recommended.
This article outlines the options for performing analysis of Coruson data. There are several options available and there is no right or wrong approach, only the approach that best meets your analytic needs.
In order to make a solution easier to select this article is split into the following sections:
1. Business Intelligence Options
The following business intelligence options are available with Coruson:
- Galileo: This is a dedicated data warehouse that holds Coruson data. The Galileo warehouse is updated regularly throughout the day, syncing with the Coruson system so that the data feels fresh. Tools such as Microsoft PowerBI, Postman and Excel can be connected to Galileo via the Ideagen API gateway, allowing for direct analysis of the data. This option is perfect if you need regular daily updates and you use Microsoft PowerBI.
- Jaspersoft: This is a dedicated warehouse that holds Coruson data. The warehouse is updated a few times per day. The Jaspersoft web interface connects to the Jaspersoft warehouse. In order to use Jaspersoft for analytics Ideagen will need to configure bespoke database views based on your form design. Any changes made to your form configuration will then need to be mirrored by the Ideagen Technical Services Team. This option is suitable if you have no data team in your organisation and you do not need frequent updates.
- Javelin: This is a once-a-day export of all changes made in the system. The purpose is for you to ingest this data into your own data warehouse so that you can perform any analytics required using your preferred tools. This option is perfect if you only need a daily update and want to use your own tools.
- Platform API: This API connects to the system directly and allows direct querying of Reports and form data only. This option is suitable if you just need to extract the data and are not worried about performing analysis.
- Data API: This API is no longer developed and allows access to Reports and Document data. This is pulled directly from the system and so the data is considered live data.
2. Business Intelligence Comparison
Galileo is one of many options available for performing Coruson analysis however it is the one that is most frequently refreshed with the greatest access to data:
|Galileo||Jaspersoft||Javelin||Data API||Platform API|
|Refresh Frequency||Continually||Approx. 2-3 Time Per Day||Once Per Day||Approx. 2-3 Time Per Day||Live Data|
|Coruson Data Available||All Modules||All Modules||All Modules||Reports & Documents||Reporting and forms only|
|Connectable Tools||Power BI
|Jaspersoft Only||Any tool capable of injecting CSV exports||Any tool capable of API queries||Any tool capable of API queries|
|Connection Method||Dedicated API||Jaspersoft Web Interface||Daily download in CSV form||Dedicated API||Dedicated API|
|Cost||Free of Charge 1||Daily Rate Implementation||Free of charge||Free of Charge1||Free of Charge|
|Data Limit||50Gb Daily 1||No Limit||No Limit||No Limit 2||No Limit 2|
|Implementation Services||None||Construction of Views
Updates for New Forms
Updates for Form Changes
|View Management||Export Management||Bug Triage||Bug Triage|
- Data usage limits apply. Additional data bundles can be purchased from your account manager.
- There is no limit to the amount of data that can be returned but poorly performing queries can lead to a query timeout.