Who is this article for?
Users who are accessing Coruson on a browser.
System Wide Administrator permissions required.
Coruson permissions are managed in a couple of ways:
- Dynamic Roles: the permissions are inherited based on the relationship that the user has with the record. For example, Document Authors will need additional permissions to create and revise a document, therefore this access will be assigned to the Document Author dynamic role. When a user is named as the author of a record they will automatically receive the permissions of the role.
- Group Membership: A user is assigned as a member of a group and the group is assigned with a permission set, providing them with permissions. Users can be members of one or many groups, meaning they can receive permissions from a number of different locations.
The links below outline the key information required to manage users permissions and security within Coruson:
- How to Create a New User
- How to Create a New Security Group
- How to Create & Manage Permission Sets
- How to Manage Dynamic Roles
Reminder: There is no right or wrong approach to configuring permissions. The best approach is the configuration that fits your organisation.